Archive for the ‘Lemon drink’ Category
Lately I have taken to drinking a glass of lemon juice first thing in the morning. I squeeze the juice of 1 lemon into a glass, top up with water and sweeten with a couple of drops of Stevia.
Delicious and good for for you too.
Lemon juice is a super food according to 10 reasons lemon juice is good for you
- Constipation and diarrhea relief. Lemons help cleanse the digestive track and allow food to digest properly.
- Lemons aid in the production of antibodies in the blood that attack invading microorganisms and prevent infection.
- Lemon is found to be anticarcinogenic, which can lower the rates of colon, prostate, and breast cancer.
- Because of its high potassium content, lemon controls high blood pressure, dizziness, and nausea, and provides relaxation to mind and body.
- Lemons feature antibacterial properties that help aid sore throats. Mix half of a lemon with water and gargle.
- Lemons are great for colds, the flu, and fevers. They help stop the fever by increasing perspiration.
- Lemon has antiseptic and styptic properties, so it can stop internal bleeding. For instance, you can put some lemon on a cotton ball and apply it to the inside of your nose to stop a nose bleed.
- Lemon mixed with water is great for anyone who has respiratory problems like asthma because of its rich source of vitamin C.
- A cup of warm water with lemon and a pinch of salt can help with weight loss and lower cholesterol.
- When applied to a burn, lemon juice will actually reduce the burning sensation since it acts as a cooling agent.